FOSTER A DOG, FOSTER A CAT
Fostering makes a huge difference in an animal’s life, and our fosters are critical to our rescue work here at PAWS!
How fostering helps the animals:
Provide a loving home while they wait for a forever home
Allow them to adjust to life with humans, socialize, and develop good manners
Help to tend to animals in need of dedicated care, e.g. after an operation
Plus it’s a really rewarding experience (you may even fall in love…) :)
Responsibilities of Dog Fosters:
1) Care for the basic daily needs of your foster dog, including walking and feeding
2) Assist in helping to teach the dog basic manners
3) Bring your foster dog to adoption events (Discovery Bay Plaza on Saturdays 2-6pm) and medical appointments, and introduce your foster dog to potential adopters
4) Give your foster dog a lot of love and affection!
Responsibilies of Cat Fosters:
1) Provide safe, clean and warm indoor housing and care for the basic daily needs of your foster cat
2) Bring your foster cat to medical appointments, and introduce your foster cat to potential adopters
3) Give your foster cat a lot of love and affection!
How long will a foster animal be in my home?
Foster stays are flexible and can range from a few days to a few months. It depends on the specific situation of each animal and each foster home.
What support does Paws provide?
We take care of any medical expenses and we also provide food. We’re here along the way to support you, and always a text message or phone call away.
Interested in fostering? Please complete the appropriate questionnaires below!
We will contact you with more information. Naturally, you must be located in Hong Kong. :)